Skip To Main Content


Shirakawa School will be accepting Student Registration for the 2024 -2025 school year starting February 1, 2024. Please feel free to PRINT the Enrollment Packet below, fill out completely, and bring in all supporting documents starting February 1, 2024. We strongly encourage submission of COMPLETED Student Registration packets and supporting documents upon enrolling with us. 

2024-2025 Online Registration The Franklin-McKinley School District is proud to announce the launch of our online registration portal. Online registration will become available on February 1, 2024 for the 2024-2025 school year. Prior to beginning the online registration process, we recommend that you have the following information prepared. 

  1. Parent and/or guardian emergency contact information and relatives/designated emergency contacts (i.e. Phone, email, and home address)
  2. Child's medical history and health provider 
  3. Child's general information (i.e. birth date, gender, address, etc.)

Note: Parent/guardian must have an active email address to participate in OnLine Registration.  Upon submission of the OnLine Registration, you will receive an email from Franklin-McKinley School District that states we are in receipt of your OnLine Registration.  Franklin-McKinley staff will contact you in order to submit supporting documentation to complete the enrollment process.   The below picture link will take you to our district website. From there, click the same image to register online. 

Do you have a child between the ages of 0-5?  Fill out our Early Learning Programs Form to determine your child's initial eligibility for services within the region including Transitional Kindergarten, Head Start, Early Head Start, State Preschool, and Parent/Child Workshops through the Family Resource Centers! Click here for the online Early Learning Programs form and one of our staff will be in contact with you to explain the various services that may be available to you and your child.   

Do you have a child between the ages of 6-14? If you have questions about our enrollment process or need additional support, please fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form and someone from our Student Wellness & Support Services Office will contact you. Otherwise, see below for our enrollment process.   

I am new to the area, how do I know which school my child belongs to?

Please check the School Locator to verify which elementary or middle school attendance area your address belongs to.

For a list of schools, click here.

What documents do I need to enroll my child into school?

To enroll a student you need to provide the following documentation to the school Secretary:

  • Withdrawal papers from previous school
  • Immunization records (If from out of the Santa Clara County, you must also provide the results from the Mandatory TB Test)
  • Birth Certificate (Copy is made in person)
  • Please provide information from previously enrolled school
  • Proof of address within school/District boundaries; i.e. most current utility bill showing parent/guardian's name and address
  • If the student is a Special Education student, a current IEP should be provided at the time of registration to facilitate support services. 

   Required for ALL New Students:

Required for TK and Kindergarten enrollment or if student is coming from outside the county, state, or country:

Required for TK and Kindergarten Students:

Required before entering Grade 1: 

Due to the pandemic, registration hours are from 8:00AM to 4:00PM on Mondays and by appointment Tuesday-Friday between the hours of 8:00AM - 2:00PM at Shirakawa School. Please, feel free to call the front office if you have questions about the registration paperwork.     For a list of schools, click here.
If I want to transfer my child from one Franklin-McKinley School to another, what steps do I take?

  • Fill out the intradistrict transfer request form. Intradistrict Permit Application - Click here for English
  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

  If I want to transfer my child outside of the Franklin-McKinley School District, what steps do I take?

  • Fill out the interdistrict request form. Interdistrict Permit Application - Click here for English
  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

  Transferring Students into Franklin-McKinley School District
Students who wish to transfer into FMSD should contact their district of residence and file an Interdistrict transfer request.   How long does it take to receive notice of an intra or interdistrict request for transfer? 
Once the completed form has been received by the Student Wellness & Support Services Office, parent/guardian will receive a letter within 10 business days.